Spiritual Emphasis Week: Campus Pastor Recap
This last week was “Spiritual Emphasis Week” at Woodcrest Christian. Our theme for the week was “Change”, and we spent time in chapel each day exploring themes of transformation from the macro to the micro level.
- Jeremy Flye: How has God changed the world?
- David Lytle: How is God changing us personally?
- David Reynolds: How can God use us to change the world?
- Bible Department Panel: Q&A
While we long for our students to encounter God through his word here at WCS, we know that parents are the primary disciplers of their children. Here are 3 ideas parents might use to engage conversations with their students based on what they heard in chapel this week:
- Ask your student how they might see their own need for change in light of Jesus
- Share how you might see your own need for change in light of Jesus
- Show your student how the only way to see substantial and lasting change is through embracing the gospel
– Matt Messner, Campus Pastor